Have your plain corporate blazer ready. (Just like the one I have in the photo above) You will need the following materials:
2. Thread (Same color as your blazer)
3. Small beads
Now let's get started!
|Start sewing on the sequins on the collar.|
Put the sequin first then the bead on top and then put the needle back into the sequin hole.
The purpose of the bead is to lock the sequin into place without the thread being visible.
Aside from the collar, you can add a few more sequins on the pocket area or at the bottom of the blazer. Wherever you think it will look nice. Don't overdo the sequins though as it might turn into a costume rather than a wearable outfit!!
After you sew on all the sequins... VOILA!
A BEFORE and AFTER shot. Now wasn't that super easy? Now I can wear it on other occasions without looking like I'm headed to the office! =)
I previously wrote this DIY on my article on Celebrity Living last year (photo above). I thought it would be great to rewrite it here on my blog so my readers can go back to it and start embellishing their own blazers! =)
I made another one with a light gray blazer, and here it is:
And because I had so much fun making this... I ended up doing it on 3 blazers! Hahaha! So I'm giving away this light gray one that I'm wearing! Want to win this embellished blazer? Here's how to join! (Make sure you follow ALL the OPTIONS so your entry will be valid!)
Terms & Conditions:
- This blog giveaway will end on July 20, 2013 (Saturday) at 12noon.
- Share this blog post on your Facebook Timeline EVERYDAY for more chances of winning!
- Share this on Instagram EVERYDAY for more chances of winning!
- Rafflecopter follows EST. Therefore, cutoff for each day is at 12noon. This means you can go back every afternoon to retweet for additional entries
- All those who will COMPLETE all the options on Rafflecopter WILL BE QUALIFIED to win the prize.
- Contest is open to Philippine residents only.
- Winner will be announced on this blog. We will contact the winner within 48 hours from the closing date.