|Photo by Eunice Vallesteros of PURPLE DOT|
I've been hearing a lot of good things about Argan Oil for quite sometime already. So I was really excited when I was given the chance to finally try the product. For those who don't know what Argan Oil is, here is a description that I picked up from the website of The OIL OF ARGAN Brand:
What is Argan Oil?
Argan Oil, dubbed as "LIQUID GOLD" by Europeans, is an all-natural organic oil that has amazing cosmetic properties. This rare oil is extracted from the nuts of the Argan Tree that can be found in Southwest Morocco. Argan Oil's blend of Omega-6, Vitamin E, and other essential fatty acids makes it a potent moisturizer and antioxidant. When used regularlt, Argan Oil restores the natural freshness and tightness of skin and prevents signs of premature aging. It also nourishes scalp and hair.
You can only get the full cosmetic benefits of Moroccan Argan Oil when the extract is pure and fresh. The best way to identify quality virgin Argan Oil is through its natural nutty scent.
FRESH, RICH and PURE.
And here are some of the benefits of Argan Oil:
Argan Oil is also said to be better than other organic cosmetic oils:
Below are 10 ways to use organic argan oil in your daily life:
1. Face Moisturizer - After cleansing morning and/or night, massage a few drops of argan oil directly onto your face and neck. Since argan is considered a dry oil, it absorbs quickly and is not greasy. If you want to use it as a serum, apply your night cream after the oil absorbs into the skin.
2. Hydrating Toner – Add a few drops of argan oil to your favorite facial toner to hydrate and tone simultaneously. You can make your own toner by adding a few drops of argan oil to Rose or Orange Blossom water.
3. Rejuvenating & Brightening Face Mask – Add a few drops of argan oil to your store-bought mask. Alternatively, make your own mask by mixing 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 3 teaspoons of Greek-style yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey and 3 drops of argan oil in a bowl. Apply on a clean, dry face and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
4. Exfoliating Lip Scrub and Moisturizer – To smooth and moisturize your lips, add a few drops of argan oil and vanilla extract to fine brown sugar. Lightly massage into lips using circular motion and rinse off.
5. Face Glow – Add a drop or two of argan oil to your foundation, bronzer or tinted moisturizer for a dewy, luminous glow.
6. Leave-on Conditioner – After the shower, while your hair is still wet, add a few drops of argan oil to your hair, ends and scalp to hydrate and moisturize. It’s especially nourishing if your hair is dry from daily use of a blow dryer, straight-iron or curling iron.
7. Hair Styling Shine – When your hair is dry, use as a styling product by adding a few drops of argan oil to the palms of your hand. Rub your hands together and run your fingers through your hair to create shine and tame frizz. You only need a small amount. It lasts a long time.
8. Overnight Hair Treatment – Massage a generous amount of argan oil into your hair, ends and scalp. Wrap your hair and leave it on while you sleep. In the morning, wash your hair and you’ll have luminous, soft locks.
9. Cuticle and Heel Softener – Massage a few drops of argan oil into your cuticles to soften, moisturize and encourage nail growth. Use as an overnight treatment to nourish cracked heels by working a good amount into your feet and toes. Cover with socks and wake up to supple feet.
10. Body and Bath Oil – Add a few drops of argan oil directly onto your skin, into the bath or body lotion. It’s safe to use on a baby and to help minimize stretch marks on a pregnant belly too.
Ever since I started having my hair colored in the wildest ways (bleached, pink-ed and other colors), My hairstylist Angelo, advised me to treat my hair with Argan Oil. So I felt so lucky when I was given this product. How timely! After just a week of using it, I really noticed how it improved the condition of my hair! Even after a few minutes after application, I already felt that my hair was softer and more bouncy. Now I'm no longer afraid that the condition of my hair suffered through the bleaching process it went through and all the straightening and curling that it goes through from my line of work because of my Argan Oil treatments. Around two drops everyday after a bath and again before I sleep did wonders for my colored hair! And because my hair loves Argan Oil so much, I do the overnight treatment twice a month. I apply a more generous amount before bed and leave my hair wrapped while I sleep.
|My hair never feels damaged or dry even if I color it almost monthly!|
|Around two drops applied to my hair everyday =)|
|(With my baby boy) For this look, one drop of Argan Oil. No foundation, just some lip tint and cheek tint and VOILA! A very healthy looking glow!|
|Argan Oil is now a part of my daily routine. =)|
My hairstylist, mentor and friend, Angelo Falconi III is an Argan Oil enthusiast. He has been using Argan Oil for quite some time already and he would be able to tell if a bottle of Argan Oil is of good quality or not. I shared with him this OIL OF ARGAN brand and he gave me a thumbs up on the quality. It absorbs quickly on the face and does not give a greasy feel. You can also tell if it is pure if it has a sort of nutty scent. Pure Argan Oil won't have a perfume-y or sweet smelling scent. In other words, it usually is not super bango. Don't expect it to smell like shampoo, lotion or baby oil. That's how you can also tell if it is pure and of good quality. Angelo also advised me to keep it in the box and not leave the bottle out in the open because he researched that Argan Oil can lose it's potency if exposed to light or the sun. So until now, I keep my own bottle in the box that it came with.
When I first met the owner of the Oil of Argan brand, I asked him why he chose Argan Oil as his business. I was unaware of Argan Oil's benefits that time and I wondered why a man would choose a cosmetic oil to market and distribute. I figured that it was more a woman's thing. His story was actually amazing. He told me that he suffered from skin asthma for the longest time. No treatment gave him the results he wanted. But when he tried Argan Oil, he finally got the results he wanted to cure his skin asthma. He now wanted to share the product with his kababayans and started importing it from Morocco. Thank goodness that he did! Now we can purchase this all around amazing product at a reasonable price. I've seen other Argan Oil brands at the price range of P1,000.00-P2,500.00. The Oil of Argan brand is being sold at only P600.00! Plus it will last you for months because all you need is a few drops per day.
It certainly is a really good product. Worth every peso and can be used by men and women of all ages. I'd rather use it for anti-aging than buying expensive creams. For my hair treatments rather than expensive salon hot treatments. For my facial moisturizer, rather than purchasing any other moisturizer. If you use this product too, you will realize that you actually saved up a lot because you are using just ONE product in place of all the other products you are used to purchasing.
You can purchase Oil of Argan *, directly from the company that distributes it.
Contact them at +63917 530 0640
Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send them a message on their page: https://www.facebook.com/OilOfArgan
And check out their website: http://www.oilofarganph.com
Oil of Argan is also available at Sesou Nature Source at ATC and Market-Market
AND... because I love my readers so much, I am giving away one bottle of this all around wonder product to one lucky reader!!! (Make sure you FOLLOW ALL options so that your entry will be valid)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms & Conditions:
1. This blog giveaway will end on August 12, 2013 (Monday) at 12noon.
2. Share this blog post on your Facebook Timeline. You can also share it EVERYDAY for more chances of winning! make sure you tag 5 friends so that your entry will be valid. Don't forget to HASHTAG your post with #oleicgiveaway so we can see your entry!
3. Rafflecopter follows EST. Therefore, cutoff for each day is at 12noon. This means you can go back every afternoon to share again on your Facebook timeline for additional entries
4. All those who will COMPLETE all the options on Rafflecopter WILL BE QUALIFIED to win the prize.
5. Contest is open to Philippine residents only.
6. Winner will be announced on this blog. We will contact the winner within 48 hours from the closing date.
Photography by Eunice Vallesteros of PURPLE DOT Photography